Thursday 3 May 2012

7 Easter eggs later....

You could say I’ve had a little bit of a greedy Easter, but I did get to go home and spend some time with my family and friends which was lovely after the hectic end to last term. I took full advantage of being home and the fully stocked cupboards! But all good things must come to an end and the Easter break soon flew by and I was off back to uni and beginning the start of my revision! I have put my revision timetable in place, which I plan to stick to, and hopefully will see success in the result....fingers crossed.

















I was also marshalling at the Virgin London Marathon on Sunday (22nd April), it was an early start and the threat of a down pour of rain was looming over us but luckily the weather held out and the weather stayed lovely all day. I was marshalling in Greenwich, at the 7 mile mark, just down the road from the campus and right next to the Cutty Sark student halls. Below is a picture from my marshalling post.


As well as spotting a few famous faces, like Arg from TOWIE, I also got to see all of those running either as a personal achievement or for charity. It was really emotional watching everyone and really inspired you to run the race yourself. I don’t think I would be quite ready to run 26 miles but maybe a shorter race would be more achievable so I could also do some fundraising. To make it a little bit more exciting, I even got one of these;


This week Greenwich also had a visit from the Queen! Unfortunately I was working and couldn’t make it down to see her but I hear it was an exciting atmosphere and loads of people turned out to see her re-opening the Cutty Sark after the massive restoration project which took place. Now its open again I am definitely going to have to visit and take a look for myself as well as having a look at the new exhibition space around the vessel!

No comments:

Post a Comment