Thursday 17 January 2013

Happy New Year!!


A slightly belated ‘Happy New Year’ but I hope you all are having a brilliant start to 2013.
Before I head off home for Christmas I got chance to head over to Winter Wonderland to get me into the Christmas spirit. I went last year and can defiantly tell the growth in the event this year, it’s got so much bigger and better. I took some picture of my day; some of them are below for you;


















 But now I’m back to chilly London after a lovely Christmas break. I spent Christmas at home with my family, it was lovely to finally get some time to properly spend with all my family and friends back home, I felt like I was on a holiday but got to sleep in my own bed. Of course I ate and drank way more than I should have, but I’m going to keep telling myself it was acceptable to eat chocolate for breakfast as it was Christmas!

I started my new year in a way you probably wouldn’t expect, I was up bright and early to head over to a local charity event in the next town to do my research for my dissertation. The event was a bra run in aid of Breast Cancer Care; it was a really fun event for a great cause. Those that took part were a range of ages and even some people brought their dog along to run.  The only condition was that everyone who took part had to wear a bra on top of their clothes and there was a competition for the best decorated bra, and yes even the dogs had a bra on! As part of my dissertation I was giving out questionnaires to the participants of the race to find out what their motivations were for taking part in the local charity sporting event, as part of this research I have also interviewed the event organiser to further back up my findings. I now have the task of going through all the questionnaires which I collected to analyse the data.
After feeling so ashamed in the amount I consumed over the festive period I have decided to get a little bit more exercise in my life so joined a Zumba class. I have never done Zumba before but have done a lot of dancing in the past so thought this would be fun way to do a bit more exercise. I have to say it was great fun and would recommend it. I’m still getting to grips with the moves, finding myself just jumping and waving my arms around at the sections I didn’t know, but it definitely doesn’t feel like your exercising. So until I can learn the moves I’ll be following the teacher’s advice, ‘if you don’t get the moves at first, don’t just stop, just keep moving and have fun’. 
Source: zumbaforu.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment