Thursday 31 January 2013

The Retail Trust London Ball 2013

On Monday I was lucky enough to be part of the Retail Trust London Ball 2013. It was an opportunity which was sent through by one of my tutors, for a voluntary position on the evening of the ball. The event took place at the Grosvenor House Hotel, located on Park Lane, which is an amazing venue! The suite which the event was located in was beautifully decorated and ideal for the event taking place. My role on the day was assisting the team in the fundraising efforts. During the reception we were selling various different raffle tickets for various different prizes on the night. Once the Ball begun we were all assigned a number of tables to look after, during the evening various other games were going on as part of the fundraising, here we assisted the guest and collected the donations received. Definitely a worthwhile experience and I was glad that I had the opportunity to be a part of it.



In other news, I have handed in another one of my assignment, that’s one more to ticked off the list And now it’s time to really get down to writing my dissertation. I am currently in the process of going through all of the questionnaires which I collected and putting them into an excel sheet to then analyse…a lengthy process but I’m getting there.

I took a little trip to the cinema this weekend and went to see Les Miserables, spotting all the shots of the Greenwich campus looking lovely! I really loved the film, I found it was very emotional and definitely need to go and see it at the theatre. I've heard mixed reviews from my friends about the film, but if musicals are not your cup of tea you might want to give this one a miss! 


Source: www. imdb.com


Source: www. thegreenwichphantom.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment