Wednesday 13 February 2013

Rudimental BRIT Master Class

As I’m sure many of you are aware the BRIT awards is happening this month, just around the corner at the O2 Arena. As part of this the British Music Experience (the museum in the O2 Arena) has been holding various BRIT master classes for students. I was lucky enough to get hold of a free ticket for the master class with new band Rudimental. I have to admit I didn’t know exactly who the band where, only really having heard their big hit ‘Feel the Love’.


Source: www. telegraph.co.uk

The session was held in the British Music Experience and lasted for an hour. The band answered questions from the host of the event and then questions were opened to the floor for a Q&A with the audience. The band gave an insight into their background, musical tastes and how they eventually became a band and broke into the music industry. It was a real insight into a band that have worked for many years to get to where they are, and still had a lot more progression to have; it will be interesting to see this over the next year. I would argue that this possibly didn’t have a lot to do with events management but, as someone who is interested in working on music events in the future and has a keen interest in music this was a great experience.
Source: www.ticketmaster.co.uk
As part of my ticket into the master class I got entry into the British Music Experience, again as someone with a keen interest in music this was really interesting seeing the progression of British Music through the years. If you haven’t been its well worth it, sometimes you can get free entry with your ticket for an event at the O2 Arena, have a look at your email before an event and you might be able to get in free, this happened with a ticket I had before and I wish I had taken advantage of it then. 

I am slowly making progression with my dissertation; I am in the progress of revising my literature review and methodology from my tutor’s feedback and analysing my data. Analysing my data is proving for me to be quite difficult, statistics were never my strong point and its taking me double the time I would like it to. But I’m getting there and trying not to stress about the just under 6 weeks I have left to complete it, AHHH! 

Good Luck to everyone who is receiving offers back on UCAS and everyone who is also in the progress of completing their dissertation!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment