Wednesday 27 June 2012

Butter Beer and the Hackney weekend

Now I’ve got some free time before the madness of the Olympics begins and still awaiting grades back from my exams, I’ve had some time to actually enjoy the summer break!


Last week I went to the Warner Brothers Harry Potter studio tour in London. Two of my friends from home came up to see me and we headed over to the studio in Leavesden. Getting there was a little bit of a trek taking us a while to make it but it was well worth the travel, and the slightly expensive ticket price. As a big fan of the films I loved the tour, you get a real insight and behind the scenes view of how the films are made, seeing the costumes, the set and loads of the significant props made famous in the films. The tour took about 3 hours and is part guided but mainly self-guided so you are able to look at your own pace and get taking photos, which I did, of literally everything! Also while I was there I got to try the infamous Butter Beer….


I would love to tell you it tasted amazing like how they make it out in the films, but as we all know what  you see in the films is not always what you get…..Butter Beer is awful, which was slightly disappointing.  But don’t be disheartened all you Harry Potter fans, I think it’s a bit of a ‘you love it or hate it’ drink so if you get the chance give it a try!


I was also lucky enough to get tickets for the Hackney big weekend, it was such a good day and I got to see loads of great acts, like the Vaccines, Rita Ora and my personal favourites Kasabian. The weather was a constant worry throughout the day with a big grey cloud looming over us and showers happening on and off all day but luckily the weather held out and only began to rain heavily at the end of the day.

The Hackney Weekend was part of the London 2012 festival, which is offering various events and performances across the UK in celebration of the Olympic Games, so it was exciting that I got to be able to enjoy part of the Games celebrations. I would definitely have a look at all the celebrations taking place where you are, there could be something exciting happening near you! 

Wishing the best of luck to everyone still doing exams and waiting on results, hang in there and keep positive! J

No comments:

Post a Comment